Friday, April 5, 2013

Drift away...


There's always a small ache, 

My heart hurts with every beat.
In my minds eye I see him holding his baby girl,
Smile filled with love.
Hands full with his only real joy...

She's two now...
I see her as he rocks her to sleep. Tiny hands wrap his fingers.
He can't help but love.

She's six now...
Her eyes light up when "daddy" leaves her lips and with that bold name he puts all her fears to rest.
I see him as he rocks her, little arms around his neck, little legs hang by his waist, and her brunette head rests under his fingers as he strokes her hair. 

She's 18 now....
I see her as he holds her head, her face filled with tears,
"He broke my heart dad,"
he caresses her hair;  his arms are her shelter and her hurt is put to rest. 

I see her tell me she loves him, 
her smile is filled with promise, 
"I'm getting married...." 
I see him filled with fear; he has to let his little girl go.

A bond that only god could create, I've broken. 
A bond only man could complete, I've taken away. 

Heal my helpless soul…I'm forever at your mercy.




No comments:

Post a Comment