Sunday, May 30, 2010

Spirit is amazing!


" I am what I am" said Popeye! So what are you?

I visited Lily Dale, a spiritualistic community in Chautauqua County, New York. When I had mentioned where I was visiting, I had received very different opinions and some facial expressions I could have done without.

I attended a guided meditation class hosted by one of the mediums. This was a different kind of guided meditation. Before we began she gave everyone in the class a small block of modeling clay. As she guided the meditation she told us to let spirit guide you, keeping your eyes closed, mold and shape your clay. When I opened my eyes, I was taken back by what I had made. Granted it's not fine art, however, having never sculpted before and being barley able to color in the lines, the picture above was my result. I let loose, let my mind and hands do the work. It was an amazing experience. So many people in the class had the same reaction, " did I make this? ".

Because I am a lover of nature, I also enjoyed all the scenery. It was peaceful and filled with flowers, green grass, butterflies, birds and a sense of serenity.

Truth is, believe what it is you need to. You can make your faces and pass your judgments, but all in all Lily Dale was beautiful. I enjoyed my day, and can't wait to visit again. If you are a nature lover and have an open mind, you will be greeted with smile and friendly faces.

I know what I am...comfortable with learning new things. Learning and listening with respect for what I am being taught.

What are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment