Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Restless Tomorrow


I know where it is I came from.
I know where I have been.
I will never know tomorrow or what tomorrow brings.
Our eyes met and it's as if time stood still.
Though when we are together, time is quickly to pass.

I sit on the stairs and wait in shame lingering in our lust,
I hold myself back from trying to erase you from my mind.
I can taste your skin on my tongue,
I can feel your hands on my flesh.

Behind my eyes the tears hold steady.
I go to him, confused and disgraced by what I have done.
He looks and sees what you see, he feels what you feel.
He knows not of you.

I feel as if I'm in the endless run in the rain,
drowning in my own sadness.
So I sit on the stairs and wait, wait in shame and lingering with guilt.
Trying endlessly to compose myself,
for I'm faced now with a tomorrow and what today has brought to my tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment