Sunday, August 1, 2010

Giacomo



Smiles and joy filled the air,
together everyone met, for a great pair.

Laughter was carried on every sound,
little did I know, my soul you found.

Together we danced that night,
you knew it was time, gave it no fight.

Watching your soul leave this plane,
My heart sank and my mind went insane.

No help could I offer, heart raced with pain,
how much of this am I to attain?

Choking on my sadness, holding back the tears,
as the minutes passed, I was filling with fear.

Every laugh I played like a tape,
every smile I wouldn't let escape.

I prayed to God, let his big heart beat,
we all need him, he knows nothing of defeat!

...he called for you, we had our last dance,
now the music stopped, everyone frozen in a trance.

....sitting in the window, just under the moon,
wondering why he took you, why'd you go so soon.

My cries he choose not to hear,
can't stop the sadness, can't hold a tear.

He wants to hear your laughter, have you by his side,
thought he'd send you back, over that great divide.

In the clouds he kept you, so far above my reach,
head in hands, wonder what lesson did he teach?

I hear your voice, it's carried in the breeze,
my heart stops and I buckle at the knees.

and so it is,

I walk this earth looking for what he has taken,
knowing in my heart it's forsaken.

My body feels what my eyes can't see,
how is this possible, how can it be?

And so I close my eyes...

Let the memory of you fill the room,
we dance on a cloud and this time it's under the moon.

2 comments:

  1. That's the saddest thing I've read in long time. I wish I would have gotten to know him better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...Perfect rhymes...poetically soulful...

    ReplyDelete